Family Health Services is a network of six Idaho community clinics located in Burley, Twin Falls, Buhl, Jerome, Rupert and Fairfield. Family Health Services provides services to the medically underserved in largely rural areas of Idaho. The surrounding region boasts Thousand Springs Scenic Byway, Malad Gorge State Park, Niagra Springs State Park, Shoshone Falls, the Hagerman fossil beds, and abundant farmland fed by the Snake River on the high desert plateau.
Family Health Services began in 1982 with clinics in Burley and Twin Falls (still the largest), followed by Buhl and Jerome. In 2004, two new access points were added in Rupert and Fairfield.
Family Health Services is a non-profit corporation. A majority of the policy-making board of directors are Family Health Services patients. Board members are volunteer representatives of the local communities served by Family Health Services.
Family Health Services also boasts a 35 ft. mobile medical unit known as the Idaho Children’s Health Project. This modern mobile unit visits rural communities and provides medical and dental hygiene services to children and their families who might not otherwise have access to care due to geographical and transportation barriers.
In 2004, FHS opened a new Behavioral Health Program office and hired two psychiatrists and two Licensed Clinical Social Workers. Several new physicians have been added during the last few years and overall staff numbers have increased from 52 to 90 employees in just the last year.
Each Family Health Services clinic is designed to offer care in an efficient, caring, supportive and culturally sensitive environment. All are modern facilities with up-to-date medical equipment.
Family Health Services, a Community Health Center, makes high quality, culturally sensitive primary medical care affordable and accessible to the people of South Central Idaho.
Family Health Services offers a dynamic array of services to its community.
- Care for newborns, infants, and children, including immunizations, physicals for school and sports, and injury prevention.
Obstetrics and Gynecology:
- Including prenatal care, childbirth, and care of mother and baby following delivery.
Comprehensive Adult Health Care:
- Including acute care and chronic disease management, such as diabetes and hypertension. Including work related injuries. Participates in National Asthma Collaborative.
Preventive & Wellness Care:
- Physical examinations, disease screening, health maintenance, immunizations including flu shots.
- Nutritional Counseling with our registered dietician.
Out-patient Surgical Procedures:
- Including biopsies and vasectomies.
- Including minor injuries, lacerations, sports injuries, and care of fractures.
- Care for patients who need hospitalization.
- Referrals to other medical specialists for consultations or treatment when needed.
- Pap tests and breast exams, screening for colon, prostate, lung and skin cancers.
- Contraceptive services
Behavioral Health Care:
- Including mental health service for emotional and behavioral difficulties, as well as counseling.
- Examination and fluoride treatments.
- Assistance to our clients in applying for Patient Assistance Program for free medications. Case Management Translation services.
Addresses of all associated clinics:
Twin Falls Family Health Services
Buhl Family Health Services
fax: (208) 543-8271
Twin Falls Acute Clinic
325 Martin Street
Twin Falls, ID 83301
fax: (208) 734-0452
|Burley Family Health Services
1308 Bennett Avenue
Burley, ID 83318
fax: (208) 678-7799
|Family Health Services
794 Eastland Drive
Twin Falls, ID 83301
fax: (208) 734-5036
|Camas Family Health Services
401 W. Camas P.O. Box 344
Fairfield, ID 83327
fax: (208) 764-2646
1102 Eastland Drive, Suite B
Twin Falls, ID 83316
fax: (208) 734-1282
|Jerome Family Health Services
133 West Avenue A, Suite B
Jerome, ID 83338
fax: (208) 324-3472
Mobile Medical Unit (MMU)
|Rupert Family Health Services
1024 8th Street
Rupert , ID 83350
fax: (208) 436-0735